COMMUNICATIONS AND TECHNOLOGY VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
- Join the Church Audio Team. Click here for a job description. Training will be provided.
- Join the Church Podcast Team. Click here for a job description. Training will be provided.
Click here to contact Bob Warren for more information or to volunteer.
WORSHIP VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
- Serve as an usher at worship or other services. Read a job description by clicking here. Training is provided.
- Prepare and/or serve Communion. To read a job description for communion preparation, click here.
- Lead worship by praying the prayer for illumination and reading scripture.
Contact Terry Rudolph for more information or to volunteer.
REGULAR OFFICE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Volunteers take one day a week, twice each month (i.e., first and third Monday morning, second and fourth Thursday afternoon) for about 2 1/2 hours. Duties are assigned by the office manager and may include:
- answering phones
- updating member files, lists, documents, especially when new members join
- updating, proofreading events on the church calendar
- proofreading outgoing documents (worship bulletins, weekly emails, inserts, etc.)
- assembling and updating New Member packets and sanctuary chair pocket folders
- data entry
Contact Nana Morelli if you are interested or want more information.
BUILDING AND GROUNDS VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
- Mowing and lawn care rotation – Our church grounds are mowed once per week during the growing season. We’re always looking for more volunteers to join the rotation. Contact Bruce Raymond
- Minor church repairs – Help keep the church building in proper condition. Contact Bart Holtz
- Remembrance Garden weeding – We need people who are able to regularly weed and tend to our Remembrance Garden.
- Church workdays – Building and Grounds holds biannual workdays to perform cleaning and landscaping upkeep. We announce these events ahead of time, and everyone is welcome to come!
For general questions or clarification, contact Karen Atkins
CHRISTIAN EDUCATION VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Below are position descriptions for volunteers working with Christian education. If you are interested or would like to know more, contact Joelle Brummitt-Yale.
CITP offers two nurseries to provide safe, nurturing childcare to our youngest members and visitors. The infant nursery cares for children ages birth through age 2. The toddler nursery is designed for children ages 2-4. Nursery volunteers assist the paid nursery workers. (NOTE: The CITP child protection policy requires that two adults be present for all children’s and youth activities.) The volunteer may be asked to play with children, hold babies, assist children with activities, and help to pick up toys. Nursery volunteers are needed during the Sunday worship hour (10:15-11:30AM). Most volunteers are scheduled for 6 Sundays a year (once every 2 months).