Perry Harrison School Fuel-Up Program
DID YOU KNOW?
- Approximately one in four Perry Harrison School (PHS) students were eligible for the Federal Free and Reduced Meals program last year. While a good resource for students during school hours, it leaves children hungry on weekends, holidays and summer break.
- Fuel Up at PHS has been serving these students since 2008.
- In the 2015-16 school year, we served 50 PHS students through the generosity of PHS families, local foundations, grants and churches!
- The Summer Gap Program supplied 20 students with large food bags weekly this past summer. Thanks to grants from Women of Fearrington, Chapel of the Cross Episcopal Church, monetary donations, and the active participation of18 community families who shopped and packed bags!
- Each weekend, we send 3 dinners, 2 lunches, 2 breakfasts and snacks home with students.
- Thanks to PHS’ Guidance Team and teachers, this is done ANONYMOUSLY and DISCREETLY. Fuel Up volunteers do NOT know participants’ names; we do know students’ gender, grade, teacher and dietary restrictions.
Click here to watch a video from worship on August 29. Chapel in the Pines supports PHS Fuel Up!