Bible study on Matthew 21:1-11,
the text for Palm Sunday
After you watch, here are some questions for you to ponder and/or discuss:
1) “Redaction criticism” refers to the idea that the Gospels were compiled by a type of editor who arranged the material in meaningful ways. What do you think is the “headline” for Palm Sunday?
2) The Four Gospels may be thought of as a four-part harmony. What are the three distinctive aspects of Matthew’s account as compared to Mark’s?
3) Why is it important that Matthew has the crowd label Jesus as a prophet? What is the double-meaning of the Hebrew understanding of a prophet?
4) “Hosanna” means “Save us.” What is the significance of this cry from the people?
5) What questions or insights do you have to share?
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. -John 14:27